Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The LARGE Christmas Order

I received the largest order I've ever had this Christmas.  A new friend of ours in the ministry ordered 8 paintings as gifts for their friends, family, and church members.  You'll see how challenging this was after you see the details.  However, I'm so grateful for it because I was stretched me beyond my usual limits and forced to be extremely detailed and intricate.  Please notice that NONE of these paintings were small paintings...  They were all quite LARGE in size and detail!  :)  Thank you, Tina and family for allowing me to create these special pieces for all of you!

The following three paintings are for three of the Madsen's church friends, who just so happen to all have the last name of Glass.  Not only were the paintings going to have the same last name, but the same verse as well.  I was supposed to make them look completely different.  Here is what we came up with:

Glass Family #1
12x12
1 Corinthians 15:58
Design:  Fleur de lis
Font:  BlackJack 

Glass Family #2
12x12
1 Corinthians 15:58
Design:  Scrolls
Font:  Joe Hand 2
 
Glass Family #3
12x12
1 Corinthians 15:58
Design:  Damask
Font:  Melanie

The next three paintings were for the Madsen children.  I had so much fun creating these because she gave me free range on the designs and layouts for each.  Tina knew the verses she wanted for each child, and I l-o-v-e-d her choices!  The two boys share a room, and I wanted to be certain their paintings matched but were different in some ways.

Tyler
12x24
Proverbs 3: 5-6
Stripes
Font:  Wallow

Myles
12x24
1 Peter 3:15
Stripes
Font:  Wallow

Tyler and Myles - Side by Side

Aryanna
12x24
2 Peter 3:18
Polka Dots
Font:  Joyful Juliana

The next was a piece for the Madsen home with their favorite verse and names all in country colors.
  
Madsen Family
12x36
Romans 8:28
Stripes
Font:  Hank

 






This last piece was definitely my favorite!  Tina and her brother wanted a special piece for their parents with their family names on it.  Oh, how I loved creating this!

The Mathis Family
18x18
John 15:9
Font:  BlackJack




No comments:

Gifts of God

Please do not reproduce any image, design, or content from this site without permission. Thank you.