Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I've Been Crafting... and Healing.

It's been a good three weeks since I have painted anything, and I have to tell you, it's been amazing.  After a very difficult loss, I needed time to heal, and painting wouldn't have given me the time to do so.  So, because I decided to stop painting through the holidays, God has miraculously allowed me to experience His grace in a mighty way.  He's spoken to me regarding life...  and my craft. 

(Stay tuned for details on that.)

However, I'm creative and crafty at heart; it's the way God's made me.  It wouldn't feel right if I wasn't crafting something.  Here are a few things I've done throughout the holidays:

These were for a coworker of my mom's.
Payton burp cloths
(in Pete and Bella embroidery fonts)

Mother's Day Out bags for the Andal twins.
Connor and Clayton lunch boxes
(Lima Bean font)
Connor and Clayton bags
(Kindergarten embroidery font)

These were for Izzy's 2nd birthday.
Izzy sippy cups
(Curlz and Pussycat fonts)

These Bath and Body Works' candles
were a gift for my cousin.
A candles
(Amelie font)

These were for a co-worker of my mom's little girls.
Little sister "O" blanket and Big sister "C" shirt
(Curlz applique)

This was for the little sister!
Monogram oWj blanket
(Circle Monogram embroidery font)

Again, for the little sister.
Olivia receiving blanket
(Itty Bitty embroidery font)

For the little sister.
Olivia Joy receiving blanket
(Pete embroidery font)


For more information on embroidering, please see the Embroidery link at the top of the page.

As for what lies ahead, less painting.  I have a full wait list, and I plan to have it finished within the next two months.  However, following that, I will open up two spots a month for paintings.  I can embroider or vinyl at any time!  Thank you for understanding and your patience.  I sincerely enjoy crafting for you! 

But, there are three boys who need my attention more than my love of creating. 

1 comment:

The Experience said...

Your gift is absolutely amazing, and your love of Christ is evident! Continue to let the Lord use you!

I've added you to our blog list, so that other believers can have access to your work and your story through your blog!

Please visit us and share with others!

Peace and Love

Gifts of God

Please do not reproduce any image, design, or content from this site without permission. Thank you.